Most event management and event-based websites add live seating charts to their events so that it is easy for users to book their favorite seats.
These charts can help users to understand the seating arrangements of the events. In addition to that, it allows them to check the availability of seats and book seats accordingly.
The live seating chart comes in handy chiefly for concerts, movies, theaters, sports matches, weddings, or any other event with a limited event seating arrangement.
Moreover, it is quite important to add live seating arrangements or express live seating charts as it provides them a user-friendly layout to book a seat for any upcoming event.
You can deftly add live seating options to your website using the Live Seating Extension by EventPrime.
Events Live Seating is a WordPress seat reservation extension that helps you add live seat selection to your events. It also provides express live seating charts and seat-based tickets for your event attendees.
You can now easily set an event seating arrangement for all your event sites/locations with specific rows, columns, and walking aisles using the seating arrangement builder.
Features of Live Seating WordPress Extension
- The extension helps to build a unique custom seating arrangement for each event site.
- It helps you set the required number of rows and columns of seating along with the empty space for walking aisles as per the location space.
- You can also assign seat-based tickets to attendees on the basis of registration done for a seat for any specific event with the help of this seating chart builder.
- The extension lets you customize the template of event tickets.
- It will let you reserve a seat that you do not want attendees to select during the process of event registration.
- Users can choose the seat of their choice while registering for an event.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Add Live Seating Option to your WordPress Website
To download the extension, click here and install it on your WordPress Dashboard.
To create a Venue using EventPrime, please visit the ‘Venues’ page from the EventPrime WordPress Dashboard menu.
After clicking, you will be directed to a page where you can find details of other venues on the right side. On the left side, you can create a new venue by adding the necessary information.
Then, come to the seating type option.
In the dropdown, you will notice there are two options, Standing and Seating. Select the seating type arrangement.
Select ‘Seating’ as seating type and update the venue.
Now, go back to venue page, where you can see an icon in seat plan of particular venue so click on it.
Now, you will see seating plan where you can add “Add New Seating Plan”
After clicking on “Add New Seating Plan”, you will be able to select few options to customize seating plan. Some options are:
- Seat Plan Name: Here, you can assign a specific name to this seating plan.
- Available Colour: Specify the color of the icon representing available seats in both the seat plan dashboard and the seat selection view for users.
- Booked Colour: Specify the color of the icon representing seats that have already been booked in both the seat plan dashboard and the seat selection view for users.
- Reserved Colour: Specify the color of the icon representing reserved seats in both the seat plan dashboard and the seat selection view for users.
- Selected Colour: Specify the color of the icon representing selected seats in the seat selection view for users.
- Area Name: Enter the name of the seating area.
- Seating Capacity: This refers to the total number of individuals that can be accommodated in the venue. Although, it automatically get calculated according to number of rows and columns.
- Rows: Indicate the number of rows present in the seating area.
- Columns: Specify the number of columns present in the seating area.
Fill out these details based on your requirements and preferences.
Once done, click on Create Area.
A mockup of your customised seating arrangement will appear.
Below the arrangement, you have 4 more options, i.e., Add/Remove Aisles, Reserves, Hide Seats and Reset Current Selection.
Customize the arrangements according to your needs and then click on Save.
Let’s explore how to add aisles between seats.
First, click on the row name or column name, and then click on Add/Remove Aisles
To reserve seats, start by clicking on any row or column, or select seats of your choice, and then click on Reserve.
To hide specific seats, begin by clicking on a particular row, column, or seat, and then select Hide Seats
All these changes you can reset just by clicking on Reset Current Selection.
To assign these seats to specific tickets, follow these steps:
Start by navigating to the event for which you want to allocate the venue and select the seat plan specific to that event.
Next, access the event settings for that particular event and click on the “Tickets” tab. Under this tab, you will find a seat icon; click on it to assign seats to the tickets.
Now, let’s go through the checkout process with these seats at the frontend:
When you reach the checkout page for an event that offers seating options, you will see an option to select seats for attendees. Choose the available seats you prefer.
After selecting your seats, you will see the seat numbers and the total price displayed on the right side of the page.
Proceed to checkout your booking by providing the required details as requested.
After completing the booking, you can review the seat details on the Booking Details page.
This is how you can configure the seating arrangement method and live seating extension in your WordPress website.
The Final Word
Live Seating WordPress extension helps you add live seating arrangement layout to any event or location on your website.
The extension is extremely easy to use and manage. You can manage it from your website dashboard without any hassle.
Further, it helps your attendees book the tickets for the event right from the front end with great ease.
If you have any query related to the live seating extension, comment below and our team will reach out to you with the best solution.