Events with Performers add quite a lot of unique flavor and energy to them. You can have various kinds of Performers for various types of events. For example, you can have singers or bands for concerts, keynote speakers for conferences, sport teams for sporting events etc. When creating Events on your WordPress site, EventPrime will allow you to create and assign specific Performer(s) to them. Just like creating individual Events, you can also create Performers with EventPrime.
Installing and activating EventPrime on your WordPress site is quite easy. If you haven’t installed and activated EventPrime on your WordPress site already, we recommend that you check out our official Starter Guide right now.
Creating a Performer with EventPrime
Step 1: Visit the ‘Performers’ page in the EventPrime WordPress Dashboard menu.
Step 2: On this page, you will see a list of all the performers already added. To add a new performer, click on the “Add Performer” button.
Step 3: In this step, you need to provide the following details for the performer:
- Performer Type: Specify whether the performer is a Person or a Group.
- Name: Enter the name of the performer.
- Role: Enter the role of the performer, such as musician, writer, actor, etc.
- Cover Image: Upload a cover image for the performer. This image will be displayed along with the mention of the performer on the Event page.
- Description: Add a description text that provides information about the performer.
- Display on List of Performers: Choose whether you want this performer to appear on the list of all performers or not.
Once you have added all the necessary details, save the changes by clicking on the “Publish” button.
Fill in the details for this form to create your new Performer.
Assigning Performer to Event
To assign your new Performer to a new Event, simply select the Performer during the Event creation.
When assigning to an existing Event, visit the Event’s Dashboard. Event Dashboard is where you can configure all your settings for an Event. Click on the Event for which you want to edit/add the performer, then assign the performer as you did above.
Performers on Event Frontend
When viewing an Event on the frontend, the Performer(s) for that Event will appear on that Event page itself. You can see the Performers for that Event under the ‘Performer’ section.
This wraps up a quick overview of the Performers feature of EventPrime. Let us know your feedback on this feature in the comments below.