A venue is a location where the event is about to be held. Adding venues to your events will help the attendees to reach the location and help in building anticipation and excitement for the event.
Moreover, venues make it easy for you to publish useful information. This will let your audience know about the location of the event, important details about the venue, and a lot more.
Additionally, it allows you to add directions for your attendees.
To add venue to your events you can use the Venues feature.
Apart from the Venues feature, EventPrime offers a big bucket of extensions that let you easily promote, add, edit and manage your events online.
In this article, we have covered how to utilize and set up a venue.
Overview of Venues
The Venue feature is a part of the core version. The feature allows you to add any type of event venue to your events. You can add party event locations, wedding event locations, virtual venues, and more.
The extension helps you add the Venue’s history such as when it was established, images of the event venue, and allows you to update the location on Google Maps.
You can explore all the other features of EventPrime that can help you boost your events here.
To create a Venue using EventPrime, please visit the ‘Venues’ page from the EventPrime WordPress Dashboard menu.
After clicking, you will be directed to a page where you can find details of other venues on the right side. On the left side, you can create a new venue by adding the necessary information.
Following details need to be filled:
- Name – Name of the Venue
- Slug – Here, you can write a URL-friendly version of the name.
- Description – Description of the Venue.
- Address – Address for the Venue. You can mark the Venue’s location on the Map, write in the address field directly, or provide Latitude and Longitude values for the exact location.
- Established – Set the date on which this Venue was established.
- Seating Type – Choose a seating type for this Venue. By default, only the ‘Standing‘ option is available. Detailed seating arrangements can be created using the Live Seating extension.
- Operator – Add contact details for the person or organization managing this Venue.
- Facebook Page – Add a link to the Venue’s Facebook page here, if there is one.
- Instagram Page – Add a link to the Venue’s Instagram page here, if there is one.
- Image – Add images of the Venue so attendees can see how the Venue looks before attending an Event hosted there.
Fill the details to create new venue and save the changes.
Assigning Venue to Events
You can assign this Venue to your Events in two ways. One is to assign Venue to new Events on the Event creation form itself.
Or visit an Event’s Dashboard and assign from there. Event Dashboard is where you can configure all your settings for an Event. Here, you can click ‘Edit’ and set Venue as you do during event creation. After assigning, click on ‘Update’ to save changes.
Frontend view of the event location
Venue will appear for an Event on the Event’s page on the frontend.
Also, you can filter Events by Venues on the main Event calendar view if you only want to see Events hosted on a particular Venue.
EventPrime offers an array of useful extension that helps you build an astounding website with events with great ease and convenience.
Moreover, you can add venues on your WordPress website seamlessly with our EP plugin. It is extremely easy to use and manage. You can manage on-site events, party event locations, wedding event locations, virtual venues, and more from your dashboard without any hassle.
This plugin will surely give a great head start to your events.
Additionally, if you wish to take your event registration website or event organizing site a notch up, EventPrime offers a wide range of extensions. These extensions are available in a free core plugin as well as a premium bundle.
In addition to that, you can purchase a simple extension of your choice as well. You can check out some of the other extensions offered by this plugin here.