Recurring events are events that repeat over a fixed interval of time. You can schedule these events to reoccur after a certain time or on a certain day, date, or month of the year. WordPress calendar with recurring events helps you set repeating events on specific days, weeks, months, or years.
EventPrime Recurring Events helps you to create this type of event. It simply eliminates the manual labor of creating one event again and again.
What are WordPress Events Calendar and Recurring Calendar Events?
The WordPress event calendar is a plugin calendar for your WordPress website. This modern event calendar helps you add or mark your upcoming calendar events.
Whereas, calendar recurring events are repeating events that occur regularly. Instead of adding these events to the WordPress calendar over and over, you can simply set these events on repeat, automatically.
You can completely customize the recurrence pattern as per your needs. For events that repeat, you can also specify the type of repetition and how many times such recurring events occur.
Here are a few examples of recurring event pattern:
- Weekly on Thursdays at 9:00 AM, until December 31, 2021.
- Every weekday at 7:00 AM, until May 30, 2021.
- On the first Monday of every month at 11:00 AM, for 6 times.
- Yearly on June 14.
This is how you can set repeating events on a WordPress event calendar.
Features of the Recurring Events
- The process of enabling recurring events in this WordPress events calendar plugin is super-easy and user-friendly.
- You can access the recurrence Settings from the Event Dashboard itself.
- Customize your calendar events by the number of days, weeks, months, or years.
- It lets you create recurring events for a specific day in a week as well.
- Not just a day in a week, you can also create recurring events on a specific day in a month.
- The same event can also be set to repeat on a specific day of any month in any year.
- Moreover, you can charge a one-time booking fee with a one-time booking option for all your upcoming WordPress recurring events.
- With this, you can change the event properties of the Recurring Events by changing the settings of the Main Event.
A Guide on Creating Recurring Calendar Events
To get started with the EventPrime Recurring Events, down and install the core extension from this link. Once the extension is installed and activated on your backend, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Start by navigating to the menus of EventPrime. Look for the option labeled “Events” and click on it. This will take you to the events page where you can manage and create events.
Step 2: On the events page, you will see a list of all the existing events. To add a new event, locate and click on the button that says “Add Event”. This will allow you to start the process of creating a new event.
Step 3: After clicking “Add Event”, you will be prompted to provide the necessary details for the event you want to create. Make sure to fill in all the required information. Now, if you want this event to occur regularly, go to the Event Settings section located at the bottom left corner of the page. Click on “Repeat” to access the options for configuring the event’s recurrence.
Step 4: Within the “Repeat” settings, you will find various options to define how the event should repeat. You can specify the frequency, such as daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. Additionally, you can set an end date if you want the recurring events to stop at a certain point. Furthermore, you can provide different titles for each instance of the repeating event if needed.
By following these steps, you will be able to create a new event in EventPrime and set it to occur repeatedly according to your preferences.
Frontend recurring events examples
Here are a few hypothetical WordPress recurring events examples:
Example 1: Math class occurring every Wednesday
Events on the Calendar can be repeated as per your requirements. Using the Recurring Events you can easily pre-plan a recurring event on your website.
In addition to that, this makes it extremely easy to use and schedule events. Further, you can manage and track these events as well.
We hope our article helps you in adding events as per their recurrence schedule. If you have any queries, please reach out to us in the comments section below.